Sound Effects and Scoring
What you do
- Send us your Tour file with or without narration. (*Tip - you'll get the most out of this service if your voice over is already recorded and added to the file, but it's not required and some people prefer to sound design their tour before recording.)
- Identify 5 places on your tour where you'd like to implement sound effects.
- Complete our sound effects questionnaire to tell us what you wish your sound design moments to accomplish in your tour.
- Tell us what your preference for background ambiance is, based on a palate of options.
- Complete our music questionnaire, which includes identifying places where you want music (such as stops or important story moments), what genre of music you'd like, and examples of tracks to create a " musical mood board".
- Include a file for a 1 minute audio preview. (Required for publication.)
what we do
- Our sound designers select sound effects and build custom designed moments based on your questionnaire.
- Our sound designers will select a list of music tracks based on your music questionnaire and mood board. We'll add music to your key identified moments as well as background tracks to keep your tour moving - for instance, during walking segments.
- We'll completely sound design your tour, including an "ambiance track" to create realistic background sounds which enhance the audio experience and keeps the user fully engaged.
- We'll do a full mix pass on your tour to ensure proper levels on all the elements, including your recorded narration.
- We'll add music and any necessary sound effects to your audio preview file.
what you get
- A fully scored Detour, complete with sound effects, ambiance and music.
- A fully scored audio preview file.
- A complete mix pass to ensure proper levels.
- Full licensing for all music tracks and effects provided by Detour for use in your tour.
- One editorial pass for you to request changes.